A crown is a covering that restores the original shape, size & function of the teeth.
Crowns are used to cover teeth which:
1. Are weakened by decay or a failing restoration.
2. Are chipped, damaged, fractured
3. Have undergone a root canal treatment
4. Have undergone an implant treatment.
The types of crowns available are:
1. All ceramic/ metal free/ zirconia crowns: they are prepared by computer-aided technology (CAD-CAM) & so have the highest precision, accuracy & aesthetics.
2. Porcelain fused to metal.
Bridges are prosthesis used to replace one or more missing teeth in cases where implants are contraindicated. Bridges are cemented to the adjacent natural teeth & span across the area where the teeth are missing.